Nicole Voyles enjoys helping clients navigate their way through family law matters, always remembering that it is important to listen to their particular needs and finding a way to assist them in having these needs met in the most amicable way possible. Nicole has experience in complex property disputes, custody matters, paternity matters, and premarital and marital property
Nicole graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a degree in Marketing prior to attending law school at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. Once she graduated from law school, Nicole practiced insurance defense and general litigation before turning her focus to family law which provides her a broad background in the law. Nicole immediately fell in love with family law in that it allows her to help people manage a very difficult time in their lives, while also making certain that person and their children are protected in the future. Nicole’s end goal is to make sure the client and their family make it through the experience as unharmed emotionally and financially as possible. Nicole thinks outside of the box to create a final settlement that suits the client’s specific desires and needs.
Nicole has been board certified since 2010 and is a fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers since 2015. She is often asked to write for and speak at at continuing legal education seminars throughout the state. Nicole is extremely active in the Houston Bar Association. She has been a co-chair on several different committees. She also is a board member of Houston Young Lawyers Foundation and the Houston Volunteer Lawyers.
Outside of practicing law, Nicole enjoys working out and competes in various running races and triathlons. She is also a volunteer with Victory which supports the efforts of the American Cancer Society.
- Licensed to Practice, State of Texas, 2004
- Board Certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2010
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Board Member (2015- current)
- Editor of Newsletter 2012- 2015
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section
- Member, Houston Bar Association
- Director, Family Law Section
- Co-Chair, Fun Run Committee 2012/2013 and 2013/2014
- Co-Chair, Speakers Bureau Committee 2014/2015
- Ambassador to the Houston Bar Association (2013-2015)
- Past Fun Run Committee Member and Special Olympics Committee Member
- Member, Lawyers for Literacy Committee (2015/2016)
- Member, Membership, Member Benefits and Pictorial Roster Committee (2015/2016)
- Member, Gulf Coast Family Law Specialist
- Member, Texas Family Law Foundation
- Member Burta Rhoads Raborn Family Law American Inn of Court
- Junior League of Houston- 2003 to Present (currently a sustainer)
- Director, Houston Volunteer Lawyers (2015-2017)
- Board Member, Houston Young Lawyers Foundation
- Named as a “Super Lawyer” by Texas Monthly Super Lawyers 2014 and 2015, “Texas Rising Star” by Texas Monthly Super Lawyers, 2008, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Named a “Top Lawyer” by Houstonia Magazine 2014 and 2015
- Member of Victory (American Cancer Society branch)
- Southern Methodist University Law School, J.D., May 2003
University of Texas at Austin, B.B.A. (Marketing), 2000
Legal Publications/CLE Presentations
- Family Law: Practice Tips & Practical Information, HYLF/HYLA Family Law: Basic Overview, January 12, 2016
- Closing the File, Speaker and Author, Bootcamp 101, Advanced Family Law, August 2, 2016
- Retirement and Pension Plans from a Divorce Point of View, Speaker, Super CLE Saturdays 2014-2015 Series- Family Law, March 21, 2015
- Career Moves: Networking Ethically and Being Involved in the HBA. Co-Speaker with Lavonne Hopkins, 2015 New Licensee Institute, January 9, 2015
- Thomas Rueters/Aspatore’s Inside the Minds: Strategies for Family Law in Texas, Author of Chapter Named “Key Considerations in Texas Family Law Cases: Tips for Attorneys”, 2014.
- Temporary Orders, Speaker, Family Law Essentials- Giving Back to Your Community, State Bar of Texas, Conroe, Texas.
- “Working in the Best Interest of Children Less Than Three Years Old” Speaker and Co-Author with Dr. Sharon Hunt, 26th Annual Family Law Conference, South Texas College of Law, March 2, 2012.
- “Under Three Visitation Orders, Author, Advanced Family Law Drafting Course, 2011
- “Paternity and Extra-Marital Children: Examples and Explanations” Author and Speaker, Advanced Family Law Drafting Court, 2011
- “Top Ten Tips for Settling or Negotiating Conservatorship Disputes” Author, State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting, 2010.
- “SAPCR Issues at Temporary Orders Hearing” Speaker and Co-Author with Richard T. Sutherland and Hon.Beth Poulos, Marriage Dissolution Boot Camp, Fort Worth, April 15, 2009.
- “Parenting Across State Lines: Navigating through the HC, UCCJEA, PKPA, and UIFSA” Co-Author with Brian L. Webb and Natalie L. Webb & “Where Family Law and Criminal Law Collide: Electronic Eavesdropping, Family Violence and Child Abuse” Co-Author with Kathryn Lanigan Pruitt and Robert Udashen, University of Texas Parent-Child Relationship Conference, Austin, Texas, January 29-30, 2009.
- “Third Party Standing and Intervenors” Speaker and Author, University of Texas Parent- Child Relationship Conference, Austin, Texas, November 8-9, 2007.
- “Characterization and Tracing” Co-Author with Brian L. Webb, 33rd Advanced Family Law Course, San Antonio, Texas, August 6-9, 2007.
- “Trying the Custody Case” Co-Author with Brian L. Webb, 18th Annual Family Law Conference, Ely, Nevada, March 14-17, 2007.
- “Jurisdictional Jeopardy: HC, UCCJEA, PKPA & other ABC’s of Custody” Co-Author with Miriam L. Ackels and Lynn Kamin, University of Texas Family Law on the Front Lines, Galveston, Texas, June 22-23, 2006.