In 1975, Harry L. Tindall was among the first attorneys in the State of Texas to become board certified in the area of family law. Representing parties in all types of family law matters for over 35 years, Harry understands the uniqueness of every circumstance and is able to provide clients an experienced point of view. Most recently, he has enthusiastically embraced the practice of collaborative law, believing that this client-centered practice offers individuals the ability to preserve financial resources and maxime future amicability, reshaping their families in the least restrictive way.
University of Texas at Austin, 1964
University of Texas at Austin, School of Law 1966
Board Certified Family Law
Texas Board of Legal Specialization October 1975
Harry is past-president of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists (1996-1997), attended the Harvard Law School Negotiation Project (1996), has been Board Certified in Family Law since 1975 and is a Member of the National Board of Trial Advocacy (1996). He currently serves as a Texas Commissioner, National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws (1995-2009) and was Vice-Chair, U.S. Commission on Interstate Child Support (1989-1992). He is a certified Arbitrator and Mediator, a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and was Chair, Family Law Section, State Bar of Texas (1987). He is currently Chair for the drafting committee for revisions to the Uniform Parentage Act. He is co-author of Sampson & Tindall’s Texas Family Code Annotated, and is a frequent speaker and author of legal articles for seminars sponsored by bar associates and law schools.
When he is not practicing law, Harry enjoys traveling with his wife, and spending time with his children, and eight grandchildren.
- Founding Member, Tindall & Foster, P.C. (Firm established in 1973)
- Board Certified in Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization (1975-Present)
- Certified Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (1978-Present)
- Certified Arbitrator, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (1994)
- Certified Mediator, Association of Attorney-Mediators (1994)
- Collaborative Law practitioner (2001-Present)
- University of Texas at Austin School of Law, 1966
- University of Texas at Austin, 1964
Legal Publications/CLE Presentations
- Co-Author (with John J. Sampson) SAMPSON & TINDALL’S TEXAS FAMILY CODE ANNOTATED (Thompson-West, 19th edition)
- David A. Gibson Award — Gulf Coast Family Law Specialists (1998)
- Dan Price Award for Family Law Section, State Bar of Texas (1997)
- Sam Emison Award – Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, 1987
- President’s Award – State Bar of Texas, 1985
- Outstanding Texas Bar Journal Award – Texas Bar Foundation, 1984
- Course Director, Advanced Family Law Course, Houston, Texas, 1986
- Listed in: BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA (1989-Present); MARTINDALE-HUBBELL LEGAL DIRECTORY (very highest rating); WHO’S WHO IN AMERICAN LAW; SUPER LAWYERS IN TEXAS.