Jeryl A. Golub has practiced family law in Texas since 1995. After earning her Juris Doctorate from Northeastern University School of Law in Boston, Massachusetts, Jeryl moved to Houston with her husband and joined the law firm of Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. practicing exclusively family law. Over the course of her nearly 12 year tenure at Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P., Jeryl gained experience handling cases involving complex property disputes, child possession and access matters, and premarital and marital property agreements, and worked closely with not only family law attorneys, but also probate and general litigation attorneys of the firm throughout the United States.
Northeastern University School of Law
Licensed to Practice, State of Texas, 1995
While at Fulbright, Jeryl was a co-author and presenter of numerous continuing legal education articles on various family law topics, including interstate jurisdictional issues and post-divorce spousal maintenance. She was also an active member and director of local bar organizations, and served as the Chair of the Family Law Section of the Houston Bar Association and Director of the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program. She was instrumental in the creation of the Pro Se Family Law Clinic, serving the underprivileged community of Houston.
Throughout her career at Fulbright, Harry and Angela Pence England had the pleasure to work with Jeryl on various legal and bar matters and were pleased when she chose to return to the practice by joining Tindall England in November 2009.
Jeryl grew up in Needham, Massachusetts, and received a B. A. in Psychology from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia, where she met her husband Jeff Golub, a native Houstonian. Jeryl took a sabbatical from the practice of law beginning in 2006, to devote 100% of her attention to raising her three children, and became intimately involved in the children’s school. She is currently a member of the Board of Trustees for The Shlenker School and the Co-President of the Parent-Teacher Organization.
- Licensed to Practice, State of Texas, 1995
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section Member (1995 – 2006, October, 2009-present)
- Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P. (Counsel, 1995 – May, 2006)
- Tindall England, P.C. (November, 2009 – present)
- Professional Activities / Accomplishments
- Houston Bar Association-Family Law Section (Board of Directors 1998-present; Secretary 2001-2003; Chair-elect 2003-2004; Chairman 2004 – 2005); Alternative Dispute Section Member (1995-2006)
- Burta R. Raborn Family Law Inns of Court (1998-2002)
- Houston Young Lawyers Association (1995-2006)
- Partners in Peer Mediation
- Director of the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program Pro Se Clinic (1998-2001)
- Visiting Associate Judge for the 257th Judicial District Court, Harris County, Texas
- Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program (Board of Directors 2001-2003)
- Named a “Texas Rising Star Attorney” by Texas Monthly Magazine (2004)
- Named a “Fast Track Lawyer in 2004” for H magazine (2004)
- Northeastern University School of Law: Boston, Massachusetts
Degree: Juris Doctorate – May, 1995
- Emory University: Atlanta, Georgia
Degree/Major: Bachelor of Arts, Psychology – May, 1991
Legal Publications/CLE Presentations
- State Bar Advanced Family Law Course
- Co-Author: Strategies Regarding Possession and Access Above, Below or Outside the Standard Possession Guidelines (1994).
- Co-Author: Resolved: The Statutory Presumption of Joint Managing Conservatorship Implies a Geographical Restriction of the Child’s Primary Residence (1996).
- Co-Author: Dealing Effectively with the Mental Health Experts (For You, Against You, & Court Appointed) (1997)
- State Bar Advanced Drafting Course
- Co-Author of Drafting for the New Spousal Maintenance Law (1995)
- South Texas College of Law
- Co-Author of Effective Preparation and Presentation of a Property Case (1996)
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Co-Author of The Use of AIDS and Other Sexually Transmitted Diseases as Tort Issues in Divorce (1994)
- University of Houston Family Law Practice Seminar
- Co-Author of and Speaker on Dealing Effectively with the Mental Health Experts (For You, Against You, and Court Appointed) (2000)
- Co-Author of Characterization and Tracing Issues in the New Millennium (2000)
- Houston Bar Association Family Law Institute
- Author and Speaker: Interstate Jurisdictional Issues (2003)
- Course Director and Moderator (2004)